Anyway, infamous on Patpong Road in Bangkok, my friend said they were nothing compared to those found in Pattaya. I went to one in Bangkok, so, ok, well, I have no set schedule, let me do some research... I hopped on a bus to Pattaya...
The sole mission in Pattaya is to see naked ladies do tricks. As I sussed out the local streets and the numerous go-go bars and discos, I realized I had numerous options. Walking Street alone had club after club offering shows. Then the side alleys... Oh my. Which one do you choose with so many options?
There's the Alcatraz, which has their outside girls dressed in naughty police outfits. Or you could pick the Airlines club, which had the nose of a plane and slutty flight attendants. Or other themed places with nurses or naughty school girls. You could opt for the "boys only" club, although I'm thinking that would be a different sort of a show. Or even the "ladyboy special". Nope, can't choose that one, they're too pretty and it lowers my self-esteem.
I'd like to see a bit of variety, so I decided to go into Roxy. It seemed to have a lot of activity, with more people going in than coming out. And the "show" was only 150 baht with a free drink. Plus, this one had a jacuzzi. The one in Bangkok didn't. I must investigate...
So here are my field notes and observations regarding the ladies:
- the "new girl" on stage who kept her clothes on and danced while looking at herself in the mirror
- the "spunky" girl - naked and jumping around excitedly; wasn't the prettiest girl but seemed to be enjoying herself
- the "tricks girls" were not exactly "pretty"', but performed entertaining demonstrations while they kept a nighty on to cover up the flabs and sags
- "grandma" aka brothel mother, who wiped down the stage after tricks and retrieved lost ping pong balls and darts
And my field notes and observations regarding the audience:
- the row of young men in front... All sitting with jaws dropped and legs tighly crossed
- the Thai lesbian in the corner slowly chain smoking and watching very intently
- the middle-aged westerner paying a ridiculous amount of money for the paper that was written on by a special "pen holder"
- the young eastern European couple applauding heartedly after each trick
- the very drunk man who was cognitively unable to process how some of the "tricks" were done
Compared to the Bangkok show, the girls in Pattaya were less skilled in anything in "point and shoot"... Darts missed their balloons and no bananas were shot out to the audience. Even the ping-pong girl had a bit of trouble. However, more points are given to Pattaya in terms of attractiveness, spunkiness, and innovation. (Extra points for the girl sudsing it up in the jacuzzi tub... Really? Is that how men think girls take a bath?!?!).
My time in Pattaya is over. A week well spent. It is time for a visa run to Cambodia. To be continued...